Pages

Sunday, 28 April 2013

Hi

So, I'm no good at introducing myself, but I'll give it ago. I'm Nell, I'm in high school in Australia. I love reading, cooking, rollerskating, writing stories and poems, my friends, my cousins, sometimes my brothers :P and my parents. I was diagnosed with coeliac disease 10 years ago, and have seen the improvements in food labelling brought around by awareness of food allergies and intolerances.

I was told I had depression last year and have struggled with coming to terms with this. I am on medicine for depression. At the same time I was also told I have "psychotic symptoms". Basically I hear voices, but with medicine those voices have gone away! YAY! This means I can actually sleep at night and my fiery temper has improved dramatically!

It's never easy being told that you have an illness that is life changing. I have had two of those moments in my life, but I am not ruled by them. Sure I have to take medication on camps and sleep overs, and sometimes I have to bring my own food to camps, sleepovers, parties and other such things, but my life could be a lot worse.

I promise to try not to complain too much! Though I may use this as a vent sometimes, I just want people to know that these illnesses are not the end of the world and they can be managed! :)

So have fun and keep smiling,
Nell

No comments:

Post a Comment